Saturday, July 28, 2012

Have you ever tried to do something, that you had never thought of before?  I find that since I switched to digital, I am doing things I never would have thought of.  (Even though for some people its second nature)  Well that happened when I was creating a layout tonight.  I was scrapping some cute photos of me wrapped in a towel after a bath.  So I was all set to put some paper scraps, which I am still getting comfortable with, behind the photos when I took a closer look at the pictures.  I loved the pictures partly because of the shape of the towel wrapped around me.  So I started cutting out shapes and started to piece together a towel of my own.  Now I have NEVER done this.  Not even as a paper scrapper.  At first I was just playing with cutting and moving things around, and from there the layout took me for the ride.  So I wanted to share my layout with you.
I used CU Banner Tool Kit from Chelle's Creations, and the rest was made with pieces of the Scrap Orchard Iron Scrapper Grab Bag.

Before I go for the night, I wanted to let you know that Leaving a Legacy Designs has her entire store on sale for 40% off.  This weekend is her Anniversary and she wanted to share that celebration with you.  There are also 2 new kits in her store.   First up is a new alpha called Denim and Dirt Alpha.  It coordinates with her I Make Dirt Kit, and the Denim and Dirt Add On.


The second are some Quick Pages made with the Here's the Scoop Build a Kits.  You have until the 31st of July to grab these build a kits before the new months come out.  and with the store on sale, what better time to grab them than now.


So were you one of the people glued to the tv to watch the Opening Ceremonies?  I actually seen most of it twice, although there was some scrapping going on.  I thought they did a great job.  I loved the storytelling throughout and the bits of comedy mixed in.  I was also impressed at the torch lighting when a large group of former Olympians passed the torch(es) to a younger generation who then proceed to light the torch as a group.  And that cauldron.  And the story of the petals, and what was written on them.  Beautiful.   Okay I better stop now!

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment