Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Luck of the Irish

 

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone.  For Kelly of Arts and Ains Designs it is also her birthday.  To celebrate she has created a new kit which she is giving away for free!  You can find one part on her blog and one part on her facebook page.  I have linked up the images below to take you there, so just click on them.  Here is Luck of the Irish:

ArtsandAinsDesigns_LoTI_FreAAD_LoTI_Freebie2Preview (2)

Also if you are a Disney fan, Kelly is hosting the weekly challenge over at Mousescrappers where the participation prize also coordinates with this kit.  Just click on the preview to check it out.

Luck of the Irish - Participation PrizeArts and Ains Designs - Luck of the Irish - Tradition(Template: SO February Blog Template by Scrapping with Liz)

I created my layout about a tradition I had with my Grandmother.  The journaling reads:  St. Patrick's Day was never really celebrated or paid much attention to, except when I was at my Grandmothers.  Since it always fell during March Break it meant that I never had school, and quite often would be spending some of my time with my Grandmother in Fergus.  It quickly became an unspoken tradition.  If I was there, we would make cupcakes and decorate them in shamrocks or just make them green.  Once we were finished we would put them into a container and head out to some of her neighbours (Especially to Mrs. McCarthy and Mrs. Pride house.)  We would share our cupcakes with them.  Since her passing I had never gave it another thought until this year.  Maybe it is time to start it again.

Before I go I would like to share one of my favourite Irish Blessings

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment